- PRAY – all day every day!!!
- CBD Oil 3 times a day
- Essiac Tea (brewed) – 1/4 cup of brewed tea mixed with 1/4 cup of water*
- Organic Wheat Grass Powder – 2 scoops mixed with 1/4 cup of water*
- Reliv Classic Dietary Supplement – 2 scoops mixed with 8 oz. of water. Taken 2 times a day
- LunaRich X Capsules – 4 capsules taken 2 times a day (8 pills total)
- Multivitamin – 1 capsule in the morning
- Vitamin B12 – 1 capsule in the morning
- Vitamin C – 1 capsules at night
- Vitamin D3 – 1 pill at night
- Vitamin E – 1 capsule at night
- Turmeric Curcumin – 1 capsule in the morning and 1 at night
- Milk Thistle – 1 capsule at night (only taken the days I take Fenbendazole. Three days and four days off)
- Fenbendazole – 1 packet mixed with 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil in the morning
- Mebendazole – 1 capsule at night
- Doxycycline – 1 pill at night (one month on and one month off)
- Metformin – 1 capsule in the morning and 1 in the evening
- Atorvastatin – 2 pills in the evening
- Aloe Vera Juice w/ Sea Salt – 1 oz. mixed with 1/8 tsp. of Sea Salt every morning and evening
- Zrytec – 1 pill in the morning
- Loratadine – 1 pill in the evening
- Approximately 210 mg RSO at night
- Meditate – 15-20 minutes every day or as often as you can
- Dry Brushing – 1-2 times a week
- Sauna – 15-20 minutes up to 3 times a week
- Massages – 1 per month
- Exercise – 3-4 times a week
- Therapy – sometimes weekly, some times every 2 weeks
- Juicing** – see below for more detail
- Essential Oils – every day all day!!!
My chemo is an Oxidant. Most of my supplements are Anti-Oxidants. Therefore I stop taking most of the supplements the day before chemo and I don’t start back taking them until two days after my treatment. I usually have my treatments on a Friday. I go in for a two hour infusion of Leucovorin. Once that is done I get what is called a “push” of 5FU. After that they connect a lovely ball that looks like a lemon to me but is actually more 5FU. I wear that home inside of a fanny pack for 46 hours. I disconnect myself on Sunday. Friday is considered day 1 of my treatment. Sunday would be my day 3 and the day I finish up. I start back on all of my supplements on Wednesday, day 6, because I count Monday and Tuesday as the 2 days I have to wait before I start taking everything again. If you wonder why I do it this way it’s because a nurse worked with me to make sure I wasn’t taking too many Anti-Oxidants. Too many Anti-Oxidants can make my “Oxidant” type chemo less effective. The supplements I don’t take during the above time frame are in bold.
* This flu season I decided to take my brewed Essiac Tea and Wheat Grass every morning and every evening. The winter of 2018-2019 I kept getting fevers. I was hoping doubling up this year would help. I’ve been doing this since 11/2019 and so far I have only had one fever. I don’t double up during days 0-5 of my chemo cycle. My Oncologist approved for me to take it once a day during my treatment.
** Juicing. Oh boy! In the beginning I was juicing spinach, kale, parsley, papaya, green apples, celery, and carrots. I even tried some ginger. It was becoming to be way too much of a chore and I had very little energy. After awhile I stopped and started only juicing carrots and celery, but separately. I was drinking 16 oz. of each every morning. After I signed up with the Care Oncology Clinic I stopped juicing carrots. My Oncologist with them suggested I stop juicing carrots because I was consuming a large amount of sugar. He recommended I eat them instead so I won’t consume so much sugar. I don’t really like fruit and although fruit is healthy for you it still contains its own natural sugars which can still be too much when you are trying to fight cancer. I have always felt annoyed with myself for not liking fruit. I mean, put some raw broccoli in front of me alongside some apples, pineapple, oranges and I will choose the broccoli over all of it. At least I love my veggies!!! I was juicing daily. Now I have decided to only juice on days 6-10 after a chemo treatment. Juicing every day was reeking havoc on my gut so I had to stop. Now I only drink celery juice. I drink it on an empty stomach and I wait 20 minutes before I consume anything else.
*** At the advice of my COC oncologist, I am currently weaning myself off of Nexium and Pepcid AC. The goal is to control my GERD without it. I am instead drinking Aloe Vera Juice mixed with Sea Salt, avoiding foods that trigger my GERD, and I don’t eat after 6:30 PM.
Update May 14, 2021 – I stopped chemo after 4/9/21. I had two treatments in January and the one on 4/9/21. Due to the Pandemic I stopped my massages for awhile. I started getting them again once I was fully vaccinated. I did completely stop talking Nexium and I use Pepcid AC as needed. I have been slacking on my juicing since I have not been doing chemo but I still do it. I try to drink celery juice three times a week. I am struggling to eat so I am about to start experimenting with smoothies, flaxseed etc. My Oncologist and husband think it’s mental. I see food and immediately categorize it in my head as carbs, sugars, dairy aka “inflammatory foods”. It’s like danger signals in my brain. I have to find a way to get passed this mental block because I’m starving myself. So that will be my focus for awhile. Nutrition!!! My taste buds are so different. Time to see what they like. 🥰 I updated everything above.